To obtain better results and optimum safety, it is mandatory to disinfect your TEE and endocavitary probes after each medical exam. There are two ways to sanitize your probes: Automated disinfection and manual disinfection. Obviously, when using TEE probes and endocavitary ultrasound probes, the automated disinfection is highly recommended … and here is why!
The automated disinfection process
The name talks for itself : an automated disinfection system is a process which allows you to clean and sanitize your TEE and endocavitary probes, all in one process. Properly cleaned and disinfected probes are essential for your patients’ safety obviously, but also for your operators’ security. Not considering that automated disinfection is faster and safer for your TEE probes and endocavitary ultrasound probes on the long-term.
This is why our laboratory, leader in the repair and maintenance of all brands of ultrasound probes, offers now two types of automatic washer-disinfector for TEE probes.
SD 50 for TEE probes and SD 64 for endocavitary probes
The SD 50 and SD 64 are designed to clean and disinfect your TEE probe in complete safety. They are made in France, are CE MDD Class IIB Marked and have been validated following the ISO 15883-4 Standard.
Learn more on the SD 50 and SD 64 by taking a look at our documentation in French.
- Washing and disinfecting your probes is completely automatic
- The automatic washer cleans twice with a detergent
- The efficiency of the disinfectant phase is achieved through the strength, contact time and temperature of the disinfectant.
- Your probe is cleaned and disinfected, with the system’s on-board printer providing a traceability ticket after each cycle.
- The length of time to which the probe is exposed to detergent products is controlled.
- According to the latest standards, the automatic washer disinfects your probes using peracetic acid. It also been validated with Glutaraldehyde in case of endocavitary ultrasound probes incompatibility or specific recommendations.
- A continuous electric isolation test is performed to control TEE leakage.
- The probe is safe : The control and the connector cannot be accidentally immersed into the bath.
- The TEE and endocavitary probes can remain in the cylinder with no risk once the cycle has been completed
- It is no longer necessary for your technician to handle chemicals.
- The washer does not create toxic fumes.
- The time spent on cleaning and disinfecting endocavitary ultrasound probes is considerably reduced by the automated process.
Manual disinfection process
While disinfecting your TEE probes using a manual disinfection process is possible, this method offers less security considering that 20% to 25% of the probes fleet presents visible or invisible flaws.
This is why it is not our favourite method and we will look into it on our blog soon.
You want to learn more about our automatic TEE probes washer and disinfector? Feel free to contact us.